Let's put art on the ceiling - not individual tiles

I think we should paint some of the ceiling tiles around the space.
They are easily changeable and would give some artistic style to the place.
We don’t have to paint all of them but a few

@uglyknees

5 Likes

My kids school did this. Each out going 8th grade class painted a tile. I mentioned it during the floor install in CA. We might have something in our lease though that says we can’t.

I don’t see why the landlord would have an issue if they were all replaced with white when we left.

1 Like

Instead of 10 x 10 have 2 x 4.

1 Like

Ask the Fire Marshall before this happen they get funny about things like this.

2 Likes

Not in CA please. We just got out of a room that felt like a cave and this will take away from the brightness of the room. I love the idea of more art, but the ceiling in there is already low.

4 Likes

I would think it would be up to the committee to decide if they want them in their areas. I’m mainly thinking of the common areas and classrooms.

How about we don’t and say we did?

12 Likes

This was something my mom always said to me growing up. “Let’s not and say we did.”

1 Like

If you want to say something, suggest how it can work …

Telling people what to say isn’t as productive as you’d expect.

3 Likes

How about the floors?

floor_art_basement

floor_art_Flipper

6 Likes

My son’s elementary school did this for the entry hall. It looks awful. Like an epic Pinterest fail.

7 Likes

I’m thinking a max of 4 per room. I don’t like covering all of them with them either

I’m thinking that we have walls for a reason and this will look terrible.

4 Likes

That is the kind of art I’m talking about … awesome

We could do one of the tiles to look like there is a space above the ceiling … perhaps on a tile some place that has high ceilings …

3d-false-ceiling-design-of-gypsum-board-for-hallways 11-5-e1539537830908-630x350

decorative-fluorescent-ceiling-light-panels-art-and-lens-designs-lighting-delectable-awesome

3 Likes

Ok - how about let’s NOT reduce the brightness in the rooms.

Visual noise on every surface is not pleasant to many as well.

2 Likes

I would say some purple rooms need a little brightness darkening. But I would also say to not cover the ceiling with art but have splashes of it … besides some might incorporate lighting

1 Like