Lets do a world record!

Apparently the world record for googlie eyes is only 24". I’m almost 100% sure we can top that. Anyone else wanna do this with me?

5 Likes

I’m in. What are we googling? Nearest water tower?

3 Likes

I’m in too. Let me know how we can break that record.

Watch out, Chase Tower! Here we come!

I may be incorrect, but I was under the impression that the vacuformer I heard we were getting soon would be able to top that diameter as far as making the clear bubble part.

Here’s a video of these googly eyes: https://youtu.be/DGxNU9I1wKY.

I have access to some buildings downtown, and could reach out to ownership to find a building we could googly eye. It would be interesting to googly eye a 500k Sq ft building.

2 Likes

Cruel Bus.
​​​​​​​​​

3 Likes

I fully support this insane adventure. What can I do to help?

We should put them on the front of the building, With a temporary Dallas Makerspace sign below it.

(To be read with wild sparkle eyes and a gleeful mad scientist voice)

This.
Will become.
A Very.
Majestic.
(And important)
Makerspace.
Goal.

*important break for dramatics

Mark. My. Words.

What other challenges could this bring to the doorstop?

3 Likes

I’m in! I can get them on that tower no problem. I climb for work and fun

There’s one word in there that doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I might have accidentally posted this as Carey haha.

According to Wikipedia it needs to be a clear covering with a (usually black) iris made of heavy paper or plastic with a stiff backing. I’m waiting to hear back from the World Records office whether it needs to jiggle independent like in the current holder or if theoretical jiggling is enough.

I’d say step one is do decide what our clear covering shall be made from…and how badly we want to stomp the current record. 36" acrylic sheet from Home Depot is around $50. I plan on calling them to see if they’ll just give us some for publicity

1 Like

This would be most excellent.

Pffff home Depot. We have real plastic suppliers locally. Let’s go big or go home.

Yeah because I thought there were “strict” signage clause to the front. It would be nice to have a large permanent sign.

2 Likes

Does anyone have connections to leverage with Reynolds or one of the local suppliers that could contact them?

I’m adding a meeting for our Googlie SIG to the calendar. Rather brilliant suggestion was made to use Styrene as it’s cheap and from what I just saw very low temp to mold it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How soon you are planning the display, and where, could make this a good idea or no. Styrene’s only good to 140 F, and this is Texas, and right directly, it’ll be August…