Less expensive Cermark Alternative

If you’ve been put off by the cost of Cermark for marking metal, here is a new supplier with a less expensive alternative. I’ll probably get the sample pack to try out.
Enduramark
Early reviews say Cermark was still a little darker but I’ll have to see it and decide myself. cheers!

Another option is plaster and alcohol if you’re using stainless steel.

The results were a bit spotty but it looks like the artifacts were in areas where it was put on very thick. Even coating seems to be the key there.

I went in this morning and could not find the Cermark.

Does anybody know where it is?

Bruce

It is expensive so it is locked away.

You may use it during Laser Office hours or a class about the rotary attachment.

@Team_Laser may elaborate if there are any other times.

That makes sense. When are laser office hours?

So far we’ve done office hours a couple of times. You’ll find it on the calendar when we get another one scheduled. It’s usually on a week night.

We are having our monthly Laser Committee meeting and cleaning session this Sunday. We’ll be around to open up access then as well, but you’ll have to wait until we get everything cleaned. Also looks like @talkers will be around for some classes on Friday. You can probably check with him then.

Advice on how to access the CerMark is on the whiteboard.

Team Laser members can open the cabinet when they are teaching classes, manning office hours, performing maintenance, or on the property for other reasons. Sending up a message on Talk asking one of us to meet you at a scheduled time also works.

Join Team Laser and give back by performing maintenance or teaching classes. That’s the very best way to get access

3 Likes

Perfect. How do I identify Team Laser members?

Also, I may be interested in joining that team.

@bmihura, you can contact them via their Talk @Team tag (similar to the @ tag I used for you). Laser team’s is Team_Laser, preceded by an @ sign, of course.

Also note, there are @Team tags for all of the DMS committees & organizations, which can be found here:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/how-to-mention-tag-a-committee-or-group-when-reporting-an-issue-or-making-a-request-on-talk/13893

Very nice. Thank you!

1 Like

Two options for sending up a flare.

1. Create a post using the Laser category. We have alerts for this. No need to tag the team.

2. Create a post using the Issues & Requests category. Tag Team_Laser.

Happy Lasering!

1 Like

Join us Sunday! [LASERS DOWN-RESOLVED] Laser Maintenance + Mtg, Sun, May 6th, 11a-2p...or "Did you say Brisket?"

You can also communicate via the messaging app Discord with the team.

3 Likes