Left my thumbdrive

If anyone happened to find a red Coca-Cola thumb drive in the Laser comp, please let me know. I was there until 4 this morning and was so tired I completely forgot to grab it. :frowning: thank you!

I did not see it.

Which computer?

:frowning:

I had left it plugged into the Thunder laser comp, in the back ports.

I cannot find it. I donā€™t see it in lost & found. Bummer. But I may have missed it. I hope it shows up.

1 Like

Itā€™s been found! Shout out to Andrew for finding it! (I donā€™t know your username, but you know who you are!) and thank you for looking @Brian. I really appreciate it!

6 Likes

Just putting this out here @Dashlee ā€¦ there is a Coca-Cola thumbdrive in the ā€œOrphaned Thumb Drivesā€ box on top of the Thunder Laser.

1 Like

Oh no! Itā€™s probably mine. I canā€™t seem to keep track of that dang thing. Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

Maybe you should get one you could put your name on. Worked for me when I left my journal behind onceā€¦

Option B: Use Remote Desktop to access physical.dallasmakerspace.org and copy files from your PC directly to the Members drive (you can set up your own folder on that drive). Also works agfter the fact to copy files created/modified at DMS back to your home PC when you forget to save a copy to take home.

3 Likes

X2. I do this all the time when preparing files for plasmacam.

2 Likes

Since I canā€™t remote in from work (stupid firewalls protecting all our membersā€™ healthcare claims, sheesh) I just e-mail stuff back and forth to myself on my Gmail accountā€¦

1 Like