LED Sign Taken From ELab

You did not have my permission and I am the Committee Chair.
You can return the panel or I will file formal complaint w/ the BoD.
You do not simply take something from a committee space without the Chair’s permission.
Responding to my email in a public forum was probably unwise move on your part.

As far as slander goes, I will advise you to tread very carefully.

4 Likes

Art,
This is clearly a misunderstanding; at the time I didn’t think I was doing anything wrong and I believed I had the needed permission to take the panel.
I do not have a problem with returning it or working with you to resolve the conflict.

4 Likes

@nicksilva @Committee_Chairs

Next chair meeting let’s dicuss this. We need to make sure that people clearing others for things, are in the “know” on it, and if proper trining is needed or has been completed.
Then we need something in place for the person that authoritied the release or use of the item such as, letting them know they do not have the authority, or additional training? Did they check to make sure if there was any training required before authorizing an items to be release or use.

With GlassWorks being “New” we are trying to establish Dept guide lines. Talking with other chairs will definitely give me more insite to bring to my committee, On items we need to vote on and put into place.

Also, let’s discuss one on one training to get cleared on equipment. It’s great but, is a person getting all the info they need before they are cleared? Or a 5 min this is how it works Boom your cleared, no class needed.
I’ve ran into this issue a couple of times and would love the other chairs input.

1 Like

please note: President does not trump committee chair in decisions of the room or committee

(yes i HAD to phrase it like that)

ive had this issue with storage: “i got permission from Kris and shes the president” “is she the committee chair? no. pick up your ****” ver batum

yeah this is in need of discussion.

8 Likes

Yes this is important for all committee chairs to know, Kris has made a habit of using the title of President to do things the president has not right or power to do, it is part of why I asked for her to be removed from office of President in the February board meeting.

I dearly hope our next president does a better job of following the rules and laws

8 Likes

eHonda

3 Likes

Calm down there kemosabe Kris has helped logistics for storage and I can understand the confusion but the blame should not squarely be put on Kris but rather the membership who goes to Kris all I’m saying is go to the chair

If someone asks me about whether they can take something from woodshop I shrug my shoulders and tell them to find Mark. That should be everyone other than the chair’s answer.

3 Likes

We’ll do like before and have people bring up a topic as they introduce themselves and then we’ll take them in order. That seemed to work last time and now I don’t have to remember anything

3 Likes

The Double robot is in PR Office (disassembled). We ordered a new battery for it about 3 weeks ago and it should be delivered next week.

I’m just now seeing this due to the @committeechairs tag.

Anyway, it’s safe…

1 Like

Thanks for not escalating this. I do need you to return the panel for reasons that go beyond the scope of what’s posted out here. I will respond to you email and we can work out the details. Thanks.

@Team_Moderators
This post has served its purpose and needs to be closed.

4 Likes

Thanks Art. I will close this.

Much of the discussion above was off topic to this thread. If anyone wants me to move part of the above to a new thread to continue that portion of the discussion, please PM me.

3 Likes