Lecture / class for health / fitness

I’m considering a discussion group for health / wellness / fitness. This would be from an educational point of view, going over basics such as nutrition, exercise, sleep and getting quite detailed from a medical / current literature point of view but starting with some real basics.

This would not have to be a formal class that is registered but could just start out as a small group for discussion at a convenient time.

I am a medical professional and do this all day and am former DMS member but I moved and was not ever able to use the facility :frowning: so I had to resign membership. I’m back in DFW area and could get involved again.

7 Likes

Sound like a great idea to me, As long as it based on facts ant woo,

I could try to form a Special Interest Group (SIG) under a committee - Science would seem the most logical to me. There could be classes in the future.

2 Likes

That would be an excellent idea,

Hello, folks. I have not abandoned this idea. I’m just caught up in other projects. But I’ll figure a way to do an informal meeting, perhaps on an open house night. We can then discuss options. Or . . . I’m really interested in webinar production / podcast technology. There is a class coming up in about a week. I’ll see what I can learn there. Great was to gather ideas .

If not a formal class I suggest you schedule as an Event so it’s on the calendar, well advertised so people can attend. Thanks for doing this!

OK, Will update when I have an idea of what works best. I’ll run it by you before doing anything.