Leather-working Templates on Wiki

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Leather#Templates

Ok so technically there is only one template available, but I’ll be adding others soon.

For any project class I teach, I’ll be adding a wiki page with a materials list, and a zip file to download the Illustrator file for making templates, as well as a photo of the item. Chipboard is a cheap material to use for templates, Acrylic will last forever.

I’d love some feedback, and suggestions on how to make the wiki pages more useful, so feel free to reply, or shoot me a PM.

Thanks all!

12 Likes

I might have stuck some templates in the shared drive from stuff I downloaded for free. There are some free templates available at makesupply-leather.com. And if one knows how to search for PDF within a web site, there may be more than it first appears :wink:

1 Like

I really like what you’ve done.

The biggest item in making the wiki useful (that you’ve already done) is linking it from someplace people are likely to look. The fact that you’ve linked this via the Creative Arts Committee page (and then the Leather SIG) means that people will be able to find what you’ve posted.

Good job. Good idea. Thanks for doing this.

5 Likes

I want to echo what Chris said. This is a great idea. Leatherworking has so many dimensions and collecting the classwork pictures, templates and materials list will help those who either weren’t able to take the class or just want to capitalize on the work you’ve done in preparation.

I still have several boxes of the leather scraps, from the Gulf Stream interior decorator, that I can donate if you’re interested. @Photomancer indicated he wanted them also, but I’m sure he’d let them go to CA if you wanted them.

Regardless, I’ve carried them around in my truck for several months and I’d like to get them to one of you.
David when are you routinely at DMS?

1 Like

Absolutely. The ones I have I’m holding tor DMS not my personal use. When we expand there should be room to store these.

It’s for a lack of space that I haven’t taken the last batch. We could definitely use them. I’ll tell you what. I’ll take them and personally store them, then bring them to DMS as we have room. If we expand it won’t be an issue, but until then I have some closet space I can keep them in.

Cool. Just let me know where to leave them and I’ll bring them to DMS. Or let me know the next time you going to DMS and I’ll try to meet you there.

Dan

I’ll be there tonight, and Friday night for sure. I have classes then.

Jorge, I was not able to make it to DMS last week. My mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital and we went to Houston to visit her.

I left the two boxes of leather over the leatherworking cabinet in CA this afternoon. I hope you can use them.

2 Likes