Leather Working Table

Sure thing. @larwine is the one with the table, so just keep us updated on the process and where to take it once it gets approved.

Oh sorry, missed that!

Only that form should be required. We can’t fit it in any storage onsite, if Creative Arts doesnt have room right now we can store it in Locker #1001 at our storage unit.

1 Like

@rvalles70 do you think it will even fit in the Creative Arts room right now? I know there isn’t a lot of room in there atm. If not once we find someone with a truck/trailer to help move it, she can bring it to the storage unit. Is the storage unit near Makerspace?

Yes, it’s very close and easy ground floor access.

2 Likes

Has the new storage unit dedicated to new donations completely filled up? Amazing.

No. Should be ready for medium size pieces today. After I organize some we should have 3/4th a locker

2 Likes

I also think this would be fantastic thing too have! Hopefully Roger agrees

Roger did agree.

@nomadic_wanderer … maybe if you download the “receipt of non-cash donation form” and fill it out for Roger to approve it might help the process … (hint, hint). All the form asks is for a description of the item(s) and the name/address of the donor.

1 Like

What’s the urgency in getting this picked up? With @rvalles70’s approval and if we can store it like @LukeStrickland suggested I’d be willing to rent a HomeDepot truck if need be to make sure we get it.

2 Likes

Hi there! I have to get rid of it by May 31st. Im moving and im unable to bring it with me. If you’re serious about wanting to come get it and that fits in your timeline why don’t we get on a call and talk about the best way to do this. Feel free to give me a ring anytime @Webdevel

5 Likes

I have a long-bed truck and a two-horse trailer with ramp which should handle this easily.

I can be available Wednesday evening (today), Thursday evening, or on Saturday to help move it.

Evenings next week are also an option.

I am in the NW of the Metroplex (towards McKinney) so perhaps I could come to get the table first then continue to DMS.

PM me with contact info and then we can set up a call to discuss.

6 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m available all day Sunday. I’m also available next Tuesday/Wednesday evening as well as most of Memorial Day weekend. Just let me know!

@larwine HankCowdog is able to help us move the table today. @LukeStrickland @rvalles70 @Kriskat30 @StanSimmons @EthanWestern @Webdevel What is the address the storage unit? Will we need a board or a chair member there to let us in and direct us where to put the table?

How about just getting the slabs and building a new table sized as needed?
The wood doesn’t look to be in great shape and it appears to have been outside for a while.
Putting it on a new table frame with nice castor wheels so it can be moved around would be nice.

3 Likes

I’ve sent you the expansion storage info but I would still double check with Luke/Stan before hauling it over. I was just at that unit last week and there should be room for the table.

@HankCowdog have you already moved it storage?

It’s in storage , I was just over there.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve put it in offsite until the Fall.

1 Like

The table is quite solid, but more functional than sexy. It has 4x6 legs to transfer impact to the floor, and 2x6 for most of the other construction. The top has two granite pounding slabs, and the rest of the top is knife-safe HDPE (cutting board material).

It is standing height: the dimensions are 49" Long, 31" wide, and 48.5" tall. Probably weighs 300-400 lbs.

It has a solid bottom and a shelf 1/2 up from the bottom, both extending the whole width and length of the table.

4 Likes

Thank yo so much!

This will be perfect for us I think. Once we have some space allocated (hopefully) we’ll build some bins to fit on those shelves.

1 Like