Leather SIG Leader for hire, Inquire within

Well, not really for hire, but for volunteer.

I’ve been filling in as the Leather SIG Leader since last year sometime. We have a pretty solid cabinet of tools, good kits for teaching a variety of skills and projects, and tremendous support from Creative Arts.

I’ve found that I can’t give the Leather SIG the time/attention it needs though. My ask here is if you are interested in leading this group, here’s what you’d be in for.

1. Monitoring the Leather cabinets in Creative Arts. Mostly this is just keeping it organized, and checking on the condition of some of the tools. Dull punches, missing items, replacing consumables like dye, adhesives, and waxes.

2. Getting Intro and Project classes on the Calendar. I’m more than happy to teach intro and project classes. Since those are not as frequent, I can commit more easily to them. We have other instructors to draw from, and I’m sure we can coordinate classes so we can meet whatever the demand may be.

3. Coordinating purchases. We made several tool purchases last year, and we have an account with Tandy that lets us buy at their best prices.

4. Having SIG Meetings. Something I was never able to commit to was having a regular SIG meeting. I’ve had many questions, and asks about working so we have plenty of interest in this. I’ve helped one on one and via project classes, but there is much that can be done via a regular SIG meeting.

So that’s it. Again, I’m happy to help out, teach classes, but the Leather SIG needs someone that can give it the regular attention it needs. Reply here, or shoot me a PM and we’ll go from there if you’re interested. Thanks all!

4 Likes

Posted this on the CA Facebook page for good measure.

1 Like