Leather Belt Pouch Class Openings and Project Kits available

I have some spots left in next Wednesday’s Leather-working class. See below for registration info.

I will also have some kits leftover for sale. They are $15 and come with enough leather for this bag project, lace, a concho, and I’ll throw in a chipboard laser cut template as part of the kit as well. (Leather color may vary slightly) If you are interested in a kit let me know and we’ll work out payment details. This money goes straight to Creative Arts.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/5733
When Wed May 2 6pm — 8:30pm
Where Creative Arts Studio

This is the bag we’ll be making.

2 Likes

Loved the class. Would be interested in getting a set of the chip-board templates if you have extra.

3 Likes

This was such a great class, Jorge - I would LOVE to buy a kit from you so I can make another belt pouch, please!! :smiley:

2 Likes

The for sale kits are a different color leather too!

1 Like

I’ll take kit if you have any left!

1 Like

I will have several. I need to get clarification on payment to CA via the kiosk for these and then they will be somewhere you can get them. Probably by next week.

3 Likes

Well, I made a veg-tan version of this bag, and it is more or less finished. I am going to make a deer antler clasp for the bag flap to close onto. Might even laser etch the antler clasp. Need to Tan Kote the inside as well, but not to worried about that (after all, it is a medieval bag). Tooling is not my forte either. Overall, I’m happy with it, considering it came from some scrap leather that was just sitting in my closet for months.

Thanks for the tips Jorge, especially for using the lace cutter. Really helped!

7 Likes

Scott it looks so good! I love it!

Scott neglected to mention he cut this on the laser first using the template on the leather raft wiki.

5 Likes

I still have some room in Wednesdays class. See first post for the calendar link!

1 Like

Another great class complete! Your last chance to signnup for the last class on this project is tomorrow by 6pm!

7 Likes

My mom is going to be there Weds.

Thanks @Webdevel!

3 Likes

And we close with the last class for this project. Had a great time and watch the calendar for new project classes!

5 Likes

Them’s some good looking pouches right there!

1 Like