Learn to Make and Shoot FIREWORKS! (PAT Spring Event)

Hey Everyone,

I’m part of another Maker Non-Profit with @Lampy called Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas (PAT). We are throwing our Spring Fireworks Display on May 19th & 20th. This is a great opportunity to come out and learn how to make Pyrotechnic Rockets, Mines, or Shells. As well as learning how to setup and fire a professional pyrotechnics display. The goal of our group is to teach and spread knowledge of the Pyrotechnic Arts.

If your interested check out the Flyer and please feel free to spread the word on Facebook or other Social Media.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them below.

Also you can check us out on www.fireants.org or on our facebook www.fb.me/FireantsPAT

Video from last year:

6 Likes

Do we need to join the club to attend?

Dangit, that is Makerfaire weekend!!

We typically do invite guests. There used to be a $5 fee but I normally covered that.

1 Like

If you want to build and fire pyrotechnics at the event, you will have to join the group. If you just want to walk around and observe, we will have a cheap option for that. If you just want to show up for the display at 9:00 pm, I think that is free.

We haven’t set the new membership rate yet, we are talking about $100 for the year if you sign up before the event and $125 if you sign up at the event. The reason membership is for the year is because we try to throw two events a year and we fund these events solely via membership and donations.

This is a very special opportunity much like Dms. There are only 3 groups like PAT around the US. So if you want to learn how to be safe around Pyro from a people that actually knows you only have us in the area. Learning these things on the internet is a much scarier propositions. Plus, we do this the legal way. Meaning your not risking federal law violations to learn the arts of Pyro.

5 Likes