Leak Detection System

I have an idea that is currently Patent Pending and I need help with the design of a sensor that would be used to detect R410a refrigerant. I would also possibly need help with the design of a circuit that would drive solenoid valves open during the operation of an AC system. I currently have a circuit that will work, but I do not have a sensor.

Is there anyone here that would be able to help me? Thanks!

I would suggest buying a handheld R-410A detector for ~$20 and taking it apart with people in the electronics lab.

It may be that R-410A detection does not require its own specialized chip. Maybe it’s about the post-processing of values read from a set of standard/general sensors.

If you document and publish pictures of your deconstruction process such that people on talk can weight in as well.

I don’t want to rain on your parade but really the only way you will be able to pick a leak up with a sensor is if it’s self contained. Say like a roof top unit or indoor self contained unit. Additionally the environmental impact is really low on R-410a. This makes for an extremely small potential market. The pressures are also high pushing about 550psig in the summer in “non maintained units” & 475ish on maintained perfectly.

Don’t let this discourage you, I just want you to be aware of the challenges ahead.