Leadership issues

It’s come to my attention that we no longer have a chair. Any ideas on where to go from here?

2 Likes

that is one good reason the Vice-Chairs were created. let the Vice chair run it until the May election and go from there. Or anyone can schedule an emergency meeting with 10 days notice and have a new chair election. Considering we’re only 2 months from election time, option 1 may be the way to go.

The vice chair is @matthshooter

Yes, Matt is handling things for now. We are waiting on the new board for any major changes as much is in the air right now.

what happened to the chair?

I resigned …

why did you do that?

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/i-stopped-volunteering-for-now-why-since-people-are-asking/52106/6

However I have since renewed some of my energy … and I’m continuing with the Bylaws and helping people take over the jobs that I left.

4 Likes

I wish we wouldn’t praise the practice of taking on many responsibilities at DMS and then stepping away from all of them at a moments notice to the group. I thank Draco for the things he has done to help Hatcher’s and DMS. But, I do not appreciate the way by which he stepped away from all of it in a single communication.

Draco did leave Hatcher’s without making sure we had continued leadership. It was the actions of @Gimli in private that regrouped the committee and pulled Matt in as lead.

I can see why he did it and fully appreciate it.

As for continued leadership, any vice-chair should be prepared to take an immediate promotion to chair on a moment’s notice. We have vice-chairs for a reason beside delegating tasks.

2 Likes

Oh wow … no not by a long shot. I’m still moving away from it. I’m still here to answer questions and help with the transition. Perhaps you don’t know how much I did. I thank @Gimli and @matthshooter for taking on Hatcher’s… I’m working with the others behind the scenes mainly … I’m about to put up some classes to help bring people up to speed on some of the other projects that I was working on … No, it wasn’t a single communication from all of it. As for praising me for stepping away … I don’t think anyone is praising me for stepping away. I think they understand why and I think they might be able to relate. I do not feel any praise nor should I get any for it. I feel tired of the BS… and after I do my duty of transitioning most of this … I’m going to focus on building my own projects more than helping the space. I do want to continue to help just not as my main reason for being there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really, the only real responsibility that Matt has is putting up an election.

Well, that and holding a monthly committee meeting so it doesn’t get dissolved automatically.

1 Like

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/10908

Saturday the 23rd of March, at 7 PM in the Conference room.

We’ll be holding a special election, talking about an upcoming shoot day, and future classes.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that … Do you want signs put up? Perhaps a separate post? I would be willing

If you could put up signs that would be great - and how does one put up adverts/announcements on the monitors?

@heyheymama I believe is the one that makes them …

1 Like

I won’t beable to make it. I have to work, unfortunately

What’s more important the future of Hatcher’s Armory or your work … oh wait… never mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, hopefully the regular meetings can be scheduled around peoples schedule… That is the only negative thing about having a set schedule …

I am not making slides at this time. Fortunately, anyone can make and cast an ad to our monitors. Go for it, @matthshooter!