Lawmakers banning Jerry Miculek, et. al?

Click baitey title but…

1 Like

Wow, I wondered if this was being over stated, but it really isn’t.

Text of the bill:

To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. PROHIBITION ON MANUFACTURE, POSSESSION, OR TRANSFER OF ANY PART OR COMBINATION OF PARTS THAT IS DESIGNED AND FUNCTIONS TO INCREASE THE RATE OF FIRE OF A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE BUT DOES NOT CONVERT THE SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE INTO A MACHINEGUN.

(a) PROHIBITION.—Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
‘‘(aa) It shall be unlawful for any person—
‘‘(1) in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, to manufacture, possess, or transfer any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun; or
‘‘(2) to manufacture, possess, or transfer any such part or combination of parts that have been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.’’.

(b) PENALTIES.—Section 924(a)(1)(B) of such title is amended by striking ‘‘or (q)’’ and inserting ‘‘(q), or (aa)’’.

© SENTENCING GUIDELINES.—Pursuant to its authority under section 994 of title 28, United States Code,
and in accordance with this subsection, the United States Sentencing Commission shall amend and review the Federal sentencing guidelines and policy statements to ensure that the guidelines provide for a penalty enhancement of not less than 2 offense levels for a violation of section 922(aa) of title 18 of such Code if the device described in such section 922(aa) has been— (1) used, carried, or possessed during or in relation to a crime of violence or drug trafficking crime (as such terms are defined in section 924©(3) of such title 18); or (2) smuggled unlawfully into or from the United States.

(d) EFFECTIVE DATE.—This section and the amendments made by this section shall apply with respect to conduct engaged in after the 90-day period that begins with the date of the enactment of this Act.

The law is too Vague it going to die in committee , you can also tell it was Haphazard done, or was left intentionally vague it more the latter .

2 Likes

Maybe should go back to ball and wad loads? Anything else is really just a rate increasing device. It’s just common sense…

1 Like

Yeah,

It seems they had patent lawyers right this law. In patents, getting a vague explanation accepted can often let you troll many companies for infringement. Seems similar tactics are in place here. I’m not sure I see any haphazard language in the bill, it seems pretty clear this is meant to try and touch all semi-auto rifle and accessories.

@mblatz, Did you use pre-measured charges and pre-cut wads. Sir those are rate increasing devices, that will be 5 years in jail.

1 Like

Given that the BATFE prohibited them then allowed them, I expect that they’ll complete the circle and again prohibit them regardless of how Congress acts.

Write your congresscritters in any case.

NOT acceptable.

1 Like

Does this outlaw the sale of all pants with belt loops?

Good point. I’m investing in Acme Suspenders, Inc. tomorrow!

Seems like there’s more planned disarmament going on.

http://www.guns.com/2017/10/13/house-dems-propose-bills-to-stop-online-ammo-sales-ban-mags/