Lathe operation

Dumb900 here I may need more instruction on the lathe or the chuck on the lathe may need service! I turned a piece then swapped ends in the chuck and got a wobble. Where did I goof? HELP! Any of you machinist can email me to set up a time to point me in the right direction. Note; it takes me about an hour to get there from home!

A little more detail. Approx diameter and length of your piece.

I ask this because if it’s long and skinny (or thin and wide) it’s very easy to inadvertently have it a little off-axis when you put it in.

1&3/8" dia. X 4" long. I had machined about 1&1/4 " then put that end in the chuck and machined the remainder. Then cut about 7/16 " on the same end every thing was going fine. I checked the 7/16 " part to see if it fit the piece I wanted it to fit. It needed a little more. When I chucked it back in is when it had the wobble. I retried to chuck it by rotating it but still had the wobble. I then noticed one of the jaws had space between it and the piece near the end of the jaw. Further in the jaw was contacting the piece. IDK!

Thanks for your reply!! I will check back later.

My update after attempting to sleep the other night, I figured a partial answer. I had a portion of the part not machined which the inner most part of the jaws were catching. Pat of the problem solved. However either I need more instruction or the Clausing Colchester lathe needs a little attention. I myself do not have the talent or knowledge to repair or adjust it! Thanks Y’ all.