Lathe and Mill Class

I would like to start using the lausing-Colchester 13" Metal Lathe and the Bridgeport Mill but need the introduction class first.
i have been looking out for those classes to come up but nothing yet and it looks like the last one was in June of this year.

Does anyone know when there will be another class on those machines ?

Michael.

Normally asking creates the idea in the mind of the instructor that the class is needed and one follows a couple of weeks after that.

@Photomancer @BobKarnaugh Were the teachers I had in mine, maybe they’d be interested in dropping something on the calendar?

2 Likes

I would also like to be blessed on the Clausing 13 and the Bridgeport. Is there a list of people that can do this??

I’m in also… assuming I’m around.

I, too, would like to join this class once it becomes available.

Brand new member, joined makerspace for exactly this purpose. I’d like to attend these classes when made available. TIA.

I would like to attend as well. Is there a way to be notified for class openings?

Will submit something in day so - need to get some schedule items clarified.

Will do Bridgeport and Sherline Mill plus Bridgeport for Sherline users and Sherline for Bridgeport users (these are short 90 minute classes for members that have had the other class)

3 Likes

@kyhnel and @ioport51 - I’m moving this post to the Machine Shop category. Since you both appear to be fairly new, you might not know to look for it there.

1 Like

For those who joined with a specific purpose, are we able to ‘pause’ our membership until these classes are made available?

1 Like

I will do a mill and lathe class specifically for those members that attended the committee meeting Saturday and indicated they had not been able to take a class. It will need teacher approval. I’m just waiting on the attendance list for verification.
we’ll get you caught up here soon.

1 Like

I’d like to attend that if permission is granted and your time is very much appreciated. Definitely wasn’t trying to sound pompous, my last comment may have come across that way. I fully understand using the equipment is an earned privilege.

I didn’t take it that way at all. We understand everyone wants a class. As soon as those members who attended the committee meeting sign up, I’ll take others until full. Will likely post the class tomorrow.

Looking forward to it, that you.