Last night meeting. Thank you all

We had a good time looking at everyone’s photo and mounted prints. We decided to meet again for another show and tell in two weeks (it should show up on the calendar in the next 48 hrs)

At the next meeting, it was suggested bringing any camera hardware you may have questions about. If anyone has any questions like “what does this do and why do I care?” we’ll try to come up with an answer.

We noticed that a good number of people from the very first meeting haven’t been back. If anyone has ideas on how to generate more interest in the group, bring it. We are done with the ‘rules and reg’ stuff and going forward it is all about photography, taking photos, printing photos, etc…etc…

We have a Facebook (closed, just for members) for whoever wants to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MakersofPhotos/

Hope to see you next time.

1 Like

Thank you for hosting such a good meeting! It was fun!

1 Like

Are you interested in having a “galley” show in a DMS hallway? We have the space if you have the art work.

Let me know.

Regards,

Steve
Chair of Public Relations

4 Likes

Great idea. So good I’ll pay your Photography SIG membership fee for you.

Most of the pictures were not printed. Maybe hang a monitor or two and run a slide show?

1 Like

I would like to participate in photography show and tell. Any suggestions on where to print the photos? Will there be a wiki page? I been waiting for the large format printer to be working again but I’m not sure when it’ll be up and running.

1 Like

Creative Arts had been wanting to get a new big and fancy machine. With the cleaning up of the financial books and possible belt-tightening due to the expenses for expansion, that is likely off.

Some have been wanting to sell the current printers; the big one never really worked. I did not go to the committee meeting, so I cannot tell you whether anything had been decided.

A galley show would be very cool and we could use it for all sorts of things.

For example, we could have a contest, with modest prices, more for fun than anything else. It could be done on a monthly base with changing topics. I’ll work out some details and bring it up at the next meeting.

Thank yall
David

1 Like

I really wanted to go to the CA committee meeting last night to talk about this, but wasn’t able.

There was a user who said that he had experience maintaining those machines. He posted a link to a head cleaning kit that cost in the neighborhood of $250
He also said that a daily test-print would go a long way towards KEEPING the machines online instead of running into the same clogging issues over and over again.

I sent him a PM asking if he was still willing to attempt fixing the machines.

If he’s still willing to help I really hope that CA is willing to spring for the kit. Those printers (at least the small one) were a big plus for me when I joined and I barely got to use them.
I think the cleaning kit would be a much better path to take than selling the machines.

Maybe sell just the larger printer? It’s really hard to manage paper that size without large tables around to cut/roll them and from what I recall the big one rarely got used even when it did work.

1 Like

David,

I couldn’t make it out to your meeting due to work - I look forward to it next time…

My offer is still open if you want to have a meeting at my gallery (for those willing to make the 14.2 mile trek north of the DMS) & make it a print and dry mount event as well.
A basic framing class can also be arranged for those interested.

This of course would have to be an evening between 7pm and 11pm.

3 Likes

Tom,

I will for sure bring it up at the next meeting. I bet there will be several people interested in printing and learning how to frame. I hope you can make it next time.

1 Like