Lasering a short movie

Now I’ve seen everything.

How does that not catch on fire?

Yeah, looks like something that shouldn’t be allowed on MakerSpace lasers. Film can be dangerously flammable.

Because they are etching the surface or a Mylar Film. The idea is to get hot enough to remove the coating with sufficient detail, without catching the film on fire.

You may want to add more nuance to your response on this as the majority of items used in the laser are “Dangerously Flammable” for the fact that they are flammable if used inappropriately. If you just think about the amount of fuel in the laser in the event of a fire, a strip of Film is much less dangerous than a sheet of plywood. As the film left to burn would probably just burn itself and not the machine, while a sheet of plywood would probably do much more damage.

I really need to take a laser class at some point. As long as it isn’t the old nitrate film because someone wants to make Inglorious Basterds 2 Makerspace edition, I would just think you’d be more worried about fumes with newer film. That’s a wild guess though, no clue about the lasers or new film I just know film is no longer plastic strips of fun cotton lol.