Laser will not stop beeping

I’m here at the laser and turned the start key to boot the machine. The machine boots, but then a loud beeping sound starts coming from the back. I tried seeing if there was a error I could post on here to help, but the LCD is displaying Kanji (I think)

Any ideas?

Kent

I emailed laser-support just now and got:

Pearce Dunlap
1:42 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me, laser-support
Close the lid. Its a known issue.

Ok. I closed the lid. Should I retry?

I closed the lid and turned on the machine. The alarm is gone, but as soon as I open the lid the alarm sounds again.

The alarm is for no water flow detected. I topped off the chiller and retried with no luck.

The chiller has nothing to do with it. The door open switch interrupts the circuit so the door open causes the laser to stop firing, just as a chiller failure would. It beeps now because there’s a different laser power supply installed. The previous laser power supplies didn’t have a beeper.

So you are saying the loud beeping is normal whenever the lid is open and does not indicate a problem?

Yes, it is for that power supply.

1 Like

That is correct. It’s a “feature” of the new power supply.

2 Likes

That makes sense after I started using it.

The reason I said it was the no flow alarm was because some guy came over and investigated after me, and said that’s what the LCD screen displayed.

Concerning the power supply… I noticed an enormous drop in the emitted light for the “target reticle”. I had to turn off the light, and cup my eyes up to the glass, to be able to barely see the red dot. Is this because of the new power supply?

Nope. The pre-laser is different from the main system.

It may need to be replaced.

this is a few days old but i cleaned the mirrors on the laser. the 3rd(floating) mirror was so gunked up it was preventing the red dot laser from getting through.

it works now

2 Likes

Powersuply might be acting upon laser today July 5

The beeping haunts my dreams.

That’s also the opinion that Luke had when he looked at it last week (that the power supply was acting up). Luke - chime in here … do I remember you saying that you thought the power supply might be arc’ing?

Couldn’t find evidence of arcing anywhere but the recently installed RECI P14 power supply is doing weird things like randomly dropping down to 4mA output when it should be doing 28mA output at 100% power. It may need to be returned or swapped.