Laser Update - Fusion, Donner and Ethernet

As of 9pm last night all computers have been updated to the latest version and the licenses have been renewed. When were you there?

3 Likes

Too funny. We left before 9 PM. Thanks!

3 Likes

I don’t believe it will with the Fusion. It expects to find the USB driver that is common on all the Chinese built lasers to talk to the controllers such as the Ruida controller. The Fusion job manager uses the printer driver that is part of the operating system.

2 Likes

Didn’t even catch this part last night. None of the Epilog computers (fusion or zing) have Lightburn, and I think that’s best for now so we avoid confusion. Lightburn doesn’t support the Epilog lasers.

2 Likes

I completely forgot about it not supporting Epilog.

I also see Lightburn is up-to-date now on JUMP. Many thanks folks!

1 Like

PSA: I’m still experiencing issues frequently with Lightburn on some of the PC’s in Laser (attached). However, I’ve determined that if I login, reboot, then log back in and start Lightburn it works normally for me and these issues do not manifest.

Version complaint: Clicking through takes me to a screen that shows me how many days are left in the license.
Blitzen Lightburn Error

License server unreachable. Clicking through takes me to the trial screen and clicking through that ends the program.
Donner Cant connect to License Server Error

Was this on Donner? It seems to be having some ethernet driver issues that require restarts.

Not sure about the versioning, all 4 of our licenses expire in December 2021. Maybe some cached data that hasn’t refreshed yet.

Yes, that error was from Donner. The other was from Blitzen’s PC.