Laser training request

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could train me on the laser. Just really want to be able to cut router templates. I know beggars can’t be choosers, but I’m trying to get as much done as possible before school ramps up.
Thanks in advance!!

2 Likes

I requested my dot just now, sorry I forgot to request it. I’ve seen a few people mention online training, but I’m not sure I found it. I did find some written documentation, but it seemed kind of outdated.

Notifying @Team_Laser

Here is the (newish) online training for the lasers. I found out about it after I took my laser training in person, but if you’re comfortable with online learning that might be the best option to get certified on your own schedule.

1 Like

Thanks, I completed it just now. Do you know if there’s anything else I need to do?

As I understand it, that’s all. I have heard (anecdotally) that the AD groups may take up to an hour to sync (“update”) so if you can’t login on the laser computers, I’d just try again later.

alright. I’m not at the space now, but I’m on my way to try it.

Thanks for your help.

Given that you’re headed for the lasers, you should put in a request for your green dot, which means that Talk has acknowledged that you’re a member. It’s a manual process, so ya’ gotta ask.

And you’ll need that green dot, because that will give you access to the Issues and Requests category. If you’re going to be working on the lasers, it seems that the odds are high that you’ll need to report something. Plus, it’s easier for things to get fixed if you report to the right group that they need to go fix something. Be sure and tag @ team _ lasers. I didn’t bunch it for the tag to work, because I don’t need to tag team_lasers.

Thanks. I put in my request yesterday.