Laser Section Down 8/10/2022

Looks like a crypto market chart :joy:

1 Like

The fact that the laser area is (1) poorly maintained/kept and (2) can not bounce back from instances like this - makes me wonder why members like me have been paying extra to use it - highway robbery. The laser makerspace in my hometown is never not organized, clean and free.

And the business model of your hometown makerspace is? Membership dues? Paid staff? Part of school / university / library / etc? Might want to reconsider…

3 Likes

You’re more than welcome to clean it up.

8 Likes

This does nothing to contribute to the conversation. It appears you can (1) chip in and help out with this volunteer, community aspect of the makerspace or (2) buy your own or use your hometown’s equipment.

6 Likes

Oh boy! Another customer.

You don’t pay extra to use it when it’s down. You only pay for actual use.

4 Likes

From the online camera it looks like the “Laser Down” signs have been removed. Does that mean the lasers are back up and running? If not, will it be posted here when they are back in service?

Yes sorry Laser is back up at this point. We are also having the maintenance day this evening if anyone would like to come.

Sorry for the confusion about everything. Eat as we can tell the system doesn’t have any appreciable leaks and we should be good to go

1 Like

I believe they are currently up and running.

But it looks like Blitzen is having issues: Blitzen out of alignment

Fusion may be up or down: Let's Talk about the Fusion - #8 by mikea59

And Donner might be having issues: Laser Section Down 8/10/2022 - #29 by barnzcharmz

Yup, we’re dealing with all those this evening at the maintenance day.

2 Likes