Laser Safe Material & Size Question

I may have missed it, but what is the maximum and minimum sizes of board/paper for the lasers?
Are these sizes the actual size of the laser or the laserable areas?
BIG THUNDER - (63” x 39.4”x 9.8”)
BLITZEN - (35.4” x 23.6”x 9.1”)
DONNER - (35.4” x 23.6”x 9.1”)

Those are the laserable areas. Each of those lasers will accept a part that is slightly larger.

Max part size Big Thunder: 66.9“x 44.5“x 10.6“
Max part size Blitzen/Donner: 39.4′′ x 28.7′′ x 9.0′′

There isn’t any minimum size, but for small parts you should leave small tabs (i.e., don’t cut them completely out) because they can fall through the grid or blow away.

1 Like

I would also add that Big Thunder’s usable area is much smaller due to the fire(s). The honeycomb support has warped and is no longer flat. I also didn’t have much success with it on Sunday [11/6], the power seemed pretty low - but I was also the furthest away from the laser as I could have been.

Hopefully, someone has gotten a new grid on order. Even if it is from a slow boat from China, the sooner it is ordered the sooner we can get it installed.

1 Like

And it’s worth noting that, especially for Big Thunder, one should expect noticeably different results re: depth of cut and maybe [something else?] as laser head moves from back left to front right position. This is assuing someone is trying to cut a piece that takes advantage of whole bed per OP implication.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for your input.