Laser Rotary Attachment Class

Hi! Are there any plans to have a rotary attachment class within the next couple of weeks? I have a yeti that I’m hoping to get customized.

@cvrana

d5ba40bd8586ed3bcc3cc5824d0c0859

1 Like

I’d offer to teach one this week, but using the rotary really needs the manual focus adjustment which was broken last week: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/epilog-laser-jammed-10-21/84878/4

@trapezium any idea when we’ll replace it?

I’ll take a look at it tomorrow and see. We have an extra tube (the whole head assembly) that we ordered, so we can swap that if needed. I’ll order another manual focus piece if we need one.

Let me know when you’ve worked out the status of the manual focus. The rotary requires it so I can’t put up a permission or project class until it’s replaced.

The tube that we have doesn’t have the broken piece on it. I sent an email to the Epilog Support team and asked about ordering several replacements. They should be able to ship it pretty quickly. I think the last thing I ordered from them came in about a week.

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me, honestly.

If they’re affordable you should probably get a few just to be safe. The little spring got damaged pretty quickly once we started using the fusion at all, so a backup or 4 wouldn’t go amiss.