Laser Queue Update

I put up a new queue system in Laser. This written version is not nearly as fancy as the electronic queue system that @actionjackson and @StanSimmons are planning, but I hope this is at least an improvement from the big white board for now.

There’s a sign up list for each laser with a field for name, phone number, date, and time. There’s also short instructions saying sign up to save your spot, call the next person when you’re done, and honor the queue.

These turned out cheesier looking than I pictured in my head, especially since I did them by hand (DMS printer is down till at least Tuesday).

I also cleaned up the Laser area a bit and added a file holder to the wall for the laser guide book. Also plan to post the laser rules in place of the big white board soon :slight_smile:

Constructive feedback is welcome!

9 Likes

@Bill to the rescue! He got the printer to work so no more having to decipher my handwriting :smile:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity - how is this suppose to work if say a teacher ‘reserves’ a laser for a class on Calendar?
If said teacher shows up the day of his class and someone has written their name and time for the same slot?

Classes are always a priority.

The instructor could use one of the class/tool reservation cards to clearly post the class reservation…

They look like the room reservation signs in this post, but smaller and say something like tool (or resource, maybe?) instead of class…

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/signs-made-for-tool-and-room-reservation/15846?u=lisaselk

1 Like

Not a soul came to get one. No bother.

I saw it used once for the lasers! Sign on a big pink clothespin right? It looked cute and effective! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: anything to spread the pink all over this place. If anyone is still interested I still have a stack of laminated signs available.

1 Like

I want a few for my woodshop classes but have not taught lately. I will get with you when I’m back in town.

1 Like