[Resolved] LASER machines not working properly

Hello

Laser machines have been acting up…especially the one by the back door and the one next to the metal shop.
the laser in not cutting precise and i think it needs a new laser head…i think. Also for some reason the laser is not moving back to front…it’s only moving side to side.

Also the machine by the back door is not scanning properly. it’s scanning double. it’s been acting up all day and few others have complained.
please have a look ASAP.

thank you
aysha

1 Like

Appreciate the heads up, the best way for the correct people to see things like this is to use the issues and requests category, follow the issue template and tag @Team_Laser. That way they can post updates and or resolution status for everyone to see.

3 Likes

Check that the switch for the rotary attachment is not engaged.

6 Likes

This.

They had a rotary class during the night. I can say that I used the machines before that class, including the one by the back door, without any issues before that class.

-Jim

2 Likes

Yeah, I cut some red LED filters for an old computer on the big one by the back door last night after the 101 class finished. The switch was probably left flipped.

2 Likes

I’m on vacation and don’t have access to discord. Thank you to all who answered this thread regarding the y axis switch.

@aysha, would you be more descriptive about the double scan?

1 Like

Blitzen should be working. Andrew and Allison were using it last night (Sunday evening). They are both active on the Laser Maintenance Team.

Andrew and I did tighten the belts on Blitzen Sat night. The slack was allowing the head to lose it’s place.

3 Likes

thank you…will do,
Aysha

1 Like