Laser level? need help with a problem

I would use a bevel & a tape measure. You would get the same angle of the top of your legs.
I would also use a hand backsaw, but that’s just me.

The approach I know is to use the bed of a tablesaw (as a known flat surface) and put 80 grit sandpaper on the tabletop. Rub the tall leg on the sandpaper until the legs align and the item sits flat.

If you want level (rather than just flat) you’d need to level the saw bed first and possibly need to alternate sanding two adjacent legs if one side is taller than the other.

I think the “sawblade as sandpaper” trick in @ryan’s video should work well for leveling as well as flattening. Gonna have to remember that trick.

1 Like

Maybe I am missing something, but if you can find a large enough FLAT surface (doesn’t need to be level) can’t you simply put the table on the surface then pack up each leg until each corner is the same height from the floor (and wobble free), then just mark around each leg with a scribe/pencil using a spacer block on the floor/flat surface?

1 Like

After having thought about this problem for a few days, I came to the same conclusion. I wouldn’t be able to scribe all the way around the leg (since the table itself would be in the way) but this might get me pretty darn close

Duct tape a scribe/pencil to a small wooden block, get on your knees and you should be able to go all the way around each leg (or find a small relative to help :slight_smile: )

1 Like