Laser etching/engraving question

As far as I am aware, glass bottles and glass can be etched / engraved on one of the lasers. (I know which one it is but I just don’t remember the name of it off the top of my head)

Armed with that bit of information I began to wonder if Agate slices (like the one below) could also be engraved/etched?

Former demo piece (might still be floating around) was a slab of granite rastered with a photo makes me think “hell yeah”…

1 Like

Awesome!
When I get things caught up from being out of town, I’m going to have to try to take another laser class.
Its been a minute and I need a refresher, lol

For “anytime” refreshment, there’s always the online intro to Thunder Lasers course here.
Like Fresca, It might not be exactly what you want, but it might take the edge off your thirst.

3 Likes

I did some awards for my wife on slices of agate just like yours, they looked fantastic. I did it on the Epilog.

2 Likes

Awesome!

Do you have any pictures?
I’d love to see them

Here is a small sample that I did testing the concept, I asked my wife to send me a pic of the larger award that I engraved.
agate

6 Likes

And, I have a couple of extra pieces if you want to meet and test on one of them. I am usually at the space Wednesday nights working on my pinball machine.

That’s awesome!

I got a couple of pieces of Agate that I’m going to be cutting Monday and Tuesday so I could probably meet up with you on Wednesday (depending on how my week ultimately goes, lol).

Did you polish before or after?

Didnt polish at all, that is the way it came to me, then came off the laser.

What settings did you use? Same as etching glass?