Laser Committee Meeting Notes 3/18/17

Here’s a summary of our laser committee meeting today. I appreciate all who attended! We had some good discussion and sharing of ideas and knowledge. My goal as chair is to improve the committee area and resources (tools, lasers, etc), get active projects complete, and increase member involvement.

Meeting Notes

Members Present:

• Merissa Green
  • Beau Williamson
  • Mike Glass
  • Tommy Thomas
  • Erik Smith
  • Alex Rhodes
  • Brandon Green

Committee Chair Election

• Need interim chair to cover through next board meeting, and through next term if candidate is willing
  • Candidates who’ve expressed interest – Mitch Cerroni and Merissa Green
  • Result of vote: Merissa wins with 8 votes (2 by proxy – Luke Olsen and Lisa Selk)
  • Add agenda item for tomorrow’s board meeting to approve Merissa Green as chair

Status of LMS Classes

• Working up online classes for Laser Basics and for operation of each individual laser
  • Ryan working on content
  • Videos shot by Patrick are on member drive
  • Merissa will work with Alex and Ryan on LMS project
  • Having basics class online will free up teachers to teach more advanced or project based classes

Committee Space and Maintenance issues

• Relocate Zing
  • Inventory spare parts and tools
  • Order more spare parts where needed
  • Set monthly committee meetings for preventative maintenance and repairs

Other
I’ll be cleaning up wiki page to get information more organized and up to date. As part of that I’ll be clearing out the committee member list, just leaving those that were in attendance today. Anyone who wants to add their name on as a committee member please do so!

I’ll also be scheduling a committee area clean up and organization day soon, so be on the look out for another Talk post about it.

If anyone has any ideas for ways to improve the committee please share with us here or come out to the next meeting.
I’d love to get more feedback about what new things the membership would like to see in laser.

Thanks all!

12 Likes

Congrats @merissa! Thank you for taking this on.

@John_Marlow has been working on the wiki too.

I’ll try to check the laser documentation this week

1 Like