Laser Class Soon?

Hi, my friend @Daniel_Ardila and I would like to get certified on the Laser Cutter. We saw that the two classes currently on the schedule are both full, is there any chance that a third will be added for sometime soon - we’re super flexible in terms of time and hopefully there is someone else also interested in the class so we can get 3.

Thanks,
Christian

1 Like

Put me down as the “third interested”

1 Like

I’d be down, too. So, uh. 4?

I’m not able to teach anything this week personally, but I may be able to next week if someone can’t get to you first.

@cvrana have any classes hitting the calendar soon?

No, but I can also do 1-on-1 pretty much whenever. I need to set one up soon anyway, but at the earliest it’d be next week.

I’d be interested in a 1 on 1.
Mind PM’ing some open times to see if we can make something work?

Hello there, I’m new to DMS and would very much appreciate the opportunity for training on the laser cutters as well. In reading through several topics I’ve gathered there are also prerequisite classes but I am not clear as to which I need and when they will be available.

I’m free anytime. Thanks in advance!
@TeamLaser

2 Likes

@cvrana got me cleared for the lasers 1-on-1 the other day. We did the first laser class but it’s enough to use the thunder. The next training would be for the epilog, then multicam / CNC from there.

Message Chris, he’s very easy to work with.

1 Like

Hello! Normally I’m better about keeping an eye open for these types of posts.

So here at the DMS we basically have two types of lasers. We have the thunder lasers, which have no pre-req classes at all, and are sort of the all around workhorse lasers that will do pretty much anything you want them to do pretty well. And then we have the FusionPro, which has the thunders as a pre-req and is the high-precision engraving laser with the rotary attachment.

If you’d like to set up a 1-on-1, I’m happy to talk to you more through DMs if that’s cool with you.

2 Likes

Quick question, is the Fusion taught as a separate class? I’ve checked periodically in the past while but if there has been I’ve missed it. I’d been wanting to do a tumbler, but it feels like the rotatory for the thunders has been out of commission for years at this point :stuck_out_tongue: Unless I missed something and it finally got fixed, which could totally have happened.

Yeah, the fusion is a separate class from the Thunder basics. I can also teach that one if someone would like me to. I’ve not been putting up official classes recently due to time constraints, honestly, but I’m always happy to do 1-on-1s.

It does require you to have taken Thunder basics though.

And the Thunder rotary is dead, long live the Fusion Rotary. (it’s so much easier to use too)

haha yeah…thunder rotary was always a bit sketch. Does the fusion allow for all the same shapes and sizes of tumblers/glasses?

It probably allows for more.

https://www.epiloglaser.com/how-it-works/video/epilog-rotary-attachment-demo.htm

1 Like

Well that seems a thousand times easier

Yeah, as someone who’s used both, it’s both a thousand times easier to use and because of the change from a lathe-style twist to an outside-drive, we don’t need chucks so it’s more versatile. It’s pretty great.

Send me a DM if you want to get a 1-on-1 set up.

Sent you a DM a couple days ago about setting up a 1 on 1! Would love to learn the laser and get certified. Really appreciate it!

Perfect, thank you! Yes, Chris will be getting me started tomorrow.

Hello! My brother and I are also excited to use the Lasers. Is there anyone available for a training? Sundays work best for us but we can be flexible.

I just attempted to sign up for Epilog Fusion Laser Training but it indicated I had to complete prerequisite
Laser Basics first. However, I have already completed the Basics course (back in Sept).

Please advise what steps I need to take to update my account so I’m able to take the Fusion course.
Thanks much