Large-format Printer Usage Questions

I need to print some play-test game boards on standard paper wondering if this (large-format printer) is the tool for the job. From searching it looks like training is required, is there a formal class or do I just need to get trained by another member. Looking at being up at the space this evening and/or tomorrow evening. Any info greatly appreciated.

I’ll be at the Space most of Saturday for a Class at 10 then the CA meeting then Potluck that evening. So 1200 to 1500 probably best or around 16 PM me if these work out.

Not even sure if we have plain paper for that printer. Its really a photoquality printer so that’s what we get and ink is a major cost. But for what you want it’ll work fine.

Best way is to have your images on a thumb drive.

It’s not on the calendar yet but the next training class will be on Sept
7th in the evening (so long as there’s not a conflicting class scheduled.)

It’s set up to print on photo luster paper but can print on plain paper as
well. We keep 24" wide luster supplied but I’m not sure if there is any
plain roll paper up there right now.

If you’re in a rush I can do some prints for you out of my studio in Deep
Ellum. I charge DMS members the same as if they were using the printer
there at DMS. A 24x36 poster runs about $6 on the luster paper.

-Steve

1 Like

Wow, that is pretty cool of you I will keep an eye out for the class. @Photomancer thanks for the offer, one of the other people in the group I was play-testing with ended up getting it printed this time. $6 per print is super reasonable at that size.

Good got that right on the price! Kudos to or patron Staint Steve @pandabob

2 Likes

Any plans for a weekend or Friday class for the large format printer? I need to take it, but I’ll be in HAAS training that night.

No plans for one but I might be able to help out the following weekend
(sept 9-11) if waiting for Oct doesn’t work.

-Steve