Large Format Injet Printing

Is the Sept class an evening class? What are the charges for media. Is the ink archival and what is the time rating on these inks. Do members make appointments to print?
Thanks

There does not seem to be a class scheduled for September yet. We now have a few members who will be holding training classes. It probably wouldn’t hurt to post what days and time frames that would work (or not work) for you, for the trainers to take into consideration. No guarantees that they will be able to accommodate; however, it would at least give them an idea of where there is a need/desire.

These were the last prices posted here. I’m not at the Space at the moment to confirm. The current prices are listed on the Square payment kiosk in the Creative Arts room.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/may-2017-member-meeting/21207/31

I’m not sure. This is a link the cyan ink we purchase for the larger one:

http://www.imagingspectrum.com/epson-11880-cyan-ink-700ml-t591200.html

We use a compatible generic ink for the smaller one.

If you research it and find the answers, please share the details with us! :slight_smile:

No. They are first come, first serve. The only time they are “reserved” is during Wide Format printing classes.

Current instructions were to hold off on classes until we got the clogs on the little guy worked out and it wasn’t giving everything a golden glow

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Please consider posting something in this thread once classes resume again. :slight_smile:

Humidity and Dust are not your friend on that machine. Chances are, the heads were not “parked” after the last use.They dry out if left “up”. Keep me posted.

Sundays work for me. I work, 6 days a week sometimes, selling Subarus. I also ran my own photography learning center for 10 years. I was the manager at Warehouse Photographic and was there for 25 years.

Hi Vickie,

Yes, these are Epson OEM inks for the 11880. We’re one of the largest Epson resellers in the country and don’t sell or carry third party inks. The best way to keep your printer running happily is to use it frequently, at least once a week. Consistent use is far better for the machine than letting it sit idle and will help prevent a lot of the issues that lead to head clogging.

If you have additional questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best,

Jo Quentin

Joanna Zeller Quentin
Professional Wide Format Inkjet/ Fine Art Media Sales Manager
Imaging Spectrum
1-800-342-9294

1 Like

I’m not stepping on Steve’s toes as the king banana of the printer room. Just passing on why more classes haven’t been scheduled on my end yet. I suppose we can as long as folks are happy with substandard print quality and won’t be raising a fuss. I have the 2D SIG first and last Friday of the month with one on the 25th…any tool training will likely follow the same schedule until I get a better idea of my work schedule.

Status update. Helped a member troubleshoot tonight. Yellow is 100% clogged at this point. I am not personally comfortable teaching more users until we get that settled

2D SIG? Sorry off topic question.

Making or working on flat things. This week we got some scratchboards to play with that you do do choose to partake in or just come to hang. Stitching circle for the 2D types. Admittedly it’s having a little trouble getting traction so it may just become a general making art we think will be fun SIG