Lampwork rings and beads

hi there!! was wondering if lampwork rings and beads could be something that is taught! have been wanting to learn this for a while and haven’t seen a class on it yet :slight_smile: thank you!!

I think @PearceDunlap can do this. Or, @mrjimmy has done some one-on-one teaching.

1 Like

oh amazing! look forward to hearing from either of them!! thank you :slight_smile:

shoot, I wouldn’t mind learning this either.

Me, too! [and some other characters]

As I think about it, rings might be weird to make with lampworking. Have you looked for a video? It might require tools that we don’t have.

I looked for molds for rings, and Delphi doesn’t have any. They had this:

The straight edges on a ring might be odd to get in a mold. It would be tricky to get the band out. We could try making a ceramic mold, but it could be a failure.

Making Glass Rings from Glass Rods - YouTube found this !!

@Sean_Ellwood is actually wanting to teach some lampworking classes, and might be able to get you going.

I have some starter kits for classes as well but we need to go over them before they go to the public

4 Likes

okay sweet!! should I reach out to him about classes or will they just be popping up soon?

Sorry for taking so long… Went on vacation, got Covid. Better now…
I am setting up a class for next monday on Triconopoly but I am still working on getting the space ready to teach lampworking. We have… most of the stuff we need but not really ready…
If you have specific questions feel free to contact… I also expect to be around the space on Mondays from now on…
Sean

3 Likes