LabVIEW Taken From Top Class II This Thursday @ 7 PM, Raman Update

I used LabVIEW to do a screen capture since the tool that comes with windows 10 only does one window at a time (yuck!). I did this to show the Science committee that I had a piece of code for them to try out as a terminal style hardware test utility that they could use to bring up their Raman Spectrometer design. You will need your HD screen for this video, if not your 4k, but its worth a peek to see what fun we can have with LabVIEW…

And speaking of fun, I have a large set of real-world programming problems that LabVIEW class participants can sharpen their teeth upon. We will work on that first handout for this class II, but beyond that, I would like for attendees to take a crack at some real-world situations that need programming. There is no better way to learn to program LabVIEW than to solve some problems that will put a feather in both the student and teacher’s caps. To give you an idea, I need:

Control firmware and code for the ‘unicopter’- drone with a single rotating blade

Improvements to the labview screen capture utility

Firmware for electric unicycle

Firmware for a propulsion platform for anything with wheels that weighs about one human

Firmware solution for a robotics platform

Android platform labview work

Oh, and yes these projects can also pay out. I cannot promise, as they will have to earn sales, but I believe that some will turn out to have merit when exposed to the crucible of reality. Learn to program WHILE taking a chance you could get paid out big. Get involved, 3e8tech.com. There are scores of project ideas here, some of which I am personally hacking on right now.

Enjoy the LabVIEW generated screen captures… :slight_smile:

Oh, and yes, if you missed class 1 and want to get involved, you are behind. But I say go ahead and come on. Load up a computer with some labview and device drivers and lets be ready to program by 7 pm Thursday.

You see, we are still working the problem set from the first class (its attached to the event). And once we are done there, we will work on real world problems (the best kind anyhow).

And I should have some cool demos this time also, I think. See you Thursday!