LabVIEW Class - Scheduling Conflicts - Move Class Time?

Hello All!

I had selected this Feb 9 date approx 3 weeks ago since the date had no significant classes set. Well, evidently this has changed. Now there are four other significant meetings that conflict with LabVIEW class. One of which was scheduled by a supposed LabVIEW class attendee. The major conflict that I see as problematic is the monthly membership meeting. @AlexRhodes, since this is obviously going to conflict, and since the large number of registered attendees for LabVIEW class should also be able to attend DMS monthly membership meeting (including myself), can we change the time on the calendar for the LabVIEW event without losing status as compliant with honorarium requirements? Who should I work with to make this happen?

And so I will put the question to registered attendees for the course. Would you like for me to change the meeting date/time? If so, to when? Are you ready with PC loaded with LabVIEW and Device Drivers? Guys, I am easy, and want to make this class as effective as possible for you, please help me by advising once more your interest level, your machine readiness, and available times should a reschedule be necessary.

As you can see from the screen shot below, there are times on the upcoming calendar that have no 7-9 conflict, and I will work with your needs to get the best possible time for all. Although we were there first, IMO it does not make sense to attempt to compete with monthly membership meeting especially, nor a host of other classes that may be of interest as well. What do you think?

I’m good with 2/9. If rescheduled I will come if I don’t have a conflict.

Mike Duffy

This would be greatly appreciated. Looks like the agenda has things of importance involving Committee Chairs.

My schedule is pretty much open.

Can you post a set of steps for those of us who are new to LabView that will determine if we have all things you listed are installed and running??

Copying my email reply here:

I cannot attend any day this week except Thursday. ConDFW is this weekend. ( Friday, Sat, Sun. )

My laptop is ready to go, and I’m good with slipping to some future date is that’s the call.

Thursdays are always going to be something of a conflict at the space. I believe that’s the usual day for tours among other things. That made for a rather noisy lathe class last Thursday.

If we reschedule, Mondays are possible, Tuesdays thru Thursday are preferred as far as my usual schedule is concerned.

Todd

So what’s the plan ? Will we be meeting tomorrow or not ?

I need to know by this evening so I can plan accordingly for tomorrow.

Todd

There are 11 people signed up for the class. If you decide not to have the class tomorrow, the suggestion is to cancel the class and reschedule it another 10 days (240 hours) out. We do not move dates as it is not fair to the people that signed up. You can cancel the class by logging in and looking at your hosted classes, click on the class in question and edit. Down at the bottom there should be an option to cancel the class. It will notify the people signed up by email and text (if they signed up for text updates) that the class has been cancelled.

1 Like

There is now a note in the class description noting it has moved to Feb 23.

No email, no text as yet.

I will do it this way. Thanks for the input.

Don’t forget to cancel tonight’s class if you aren’t going to be holding it. Otherwise you run a very real risk of being blacklisted and not able to teach for (X amount of time)… Like, actually use the cancel feature. Others have already been blacklisted for being no-shows to their own classes.

Who does the blacklisting? I do not see any feature to do that in the honorarium auditor tools.

It appears to be the board members are the ones with that power. Though perhaps it is the Calendar administrators. To date, I believe @AlexRhodes has been the one handling this.

As it stands the process is undocumented. This includes the criteria for what offense(s) it is used for, who is allowed to do it, what process is needed to do it, how long it lasts (and how that gets turned off when expired), whether the person gets notified (there seems to be some dispute about that), etc…

In short, this is a poorly documented (as in not at all) process.

A single no-show gets a blacklist?

(Not to say that not showing up is serious, but people forget, things happen, etc.)

The blackballing was at the request of Finance to stop people from adding additional classes if there were issues with W-9 or payments. We have used for no call/ no show teachers, but it can be reversed at anytime. When someone tries to put in a class they are told to contact [email protected]. We want to know the reason. “I was in a car accident” is reasonable, but is “oh I forgot” reasonable? What should we do for people who seem to constantly forget. If my memory serves me correctly only 4 people have been blackballed and some of those were later reversed. There is an agenda item already to discuss this at the next board meeting. I suggest people come out.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20170219#No_Show_Teachers_for_Classes_and_Events_.28Stan.29

People who are currently Calendar Admins and can check the blackball box.
Alex R.
Allen W.
Brooks S.
Erik S.
Gus R.
Jai S.
Ken P.
Luke O.
Robert D.
Stan S.

Hope that clears up

2 Likes