If the pellicle isn’t fuzzy and moldy it’s probably fine.
Here’s a helpful round-up of normal pellicles for reference:
And here are some moldy ones:
If you have mold do NOT drink it; just toss the whole batch—it can’t be salvaged, because spores are in the actual scoby itself and not just the pellicle.
If you want to get into the nitty gritty, I would recommend picking up some pH test strips or a digital pH meter and just testing it yourself. It’s very easy. If your pH is 4.5 or lower it’s generally considered “safe” because botulism doesn’t survive at lower pH, although you probably want it lower for better flavor. 3 is kind of the sweet spot, but tastes vary.
However, in general fermentation is very safe, so I wouldn’t stress too much. If it’s obviously moldy or smells funky instead of just acidic, then just re-do your batch.
Caveat: I’ve fermented for a long time, but I’m not a doctor or professional, so take my advice with a grain of salt.