Kitty Litter Run

We’re out of kitty litter so I’m buying some. Just a heads up so we don’t end up with two loads.

3 Likes

Thank you Luke. Much appreciated.

1 Like

So… Do we buy actual kitty litter (Tidy Cat)?
Or is this a euphemism for an oil absorption product.
No biggy either way. Just curious…

1 Like

They’re exactly the same. The product says kitty litter as a use on the label. I think the brand is Thrifty Sorb and it’s from an auto parts store.

3 Likes

We learned one day this is cheaper than the cheapest kitty litter lol

2 Likes

Quick cost comparison shows they’re about the same. I’m sure if you watch, you can save a buck either way. This one likely smells better, though. The perfumes they put in kitty litter are absolutely hideous. :nose: :puke: (but if you’re using it suck up oil, you probably don’t care).

Some oils, often rear differential lubes positively make cat pee a preferable odor.

5 Likes

Hmm. I’m compelled to disagree. Either I’ve never smelled your axle grease, or you’ve never smelled my cat pee, and I’ve worked on more than one axle with burnt lube… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for that Zach and Andrew!

it is a tough one - the noxious rich ammonia stench of cat piss or hypoid gear oil…

1 Like

I love the smell of basic gear oil, old ATF however actually makes me puke.

2 Likes

ATF = ??

And more f******* characters.

ATF = Automatic Transmission Fluid

2 Likes

Buying some again. Just a heads up. @TLAR

3 Likes

Thanks for doing that!

3 Likes

Thanks Luke.

993 PM

2 Likes

Turns out our cat is a bit of a priss. She won’t use a brand of litter where the granules aren’t as round as her normal ones… so I’m bringing in the unused remainder of it and placing it in the Auto area.

5 Likes