Key fobs and injections

hey who do I need to talk to about getting the injection thing ive been considering it just have no idea who to talk to about it

2 Likes

You can go to most tattoo/piercing shops and get them done there.

We use a 125KHz rfid system so make sure your chip is compatible with that.

Last I remember Skin Art Gallery was the closet place you could go. It’s over in Addison.

Please don’t get them done at the space or by unlicensed piercers, it’s a bad plan. Don’t be cheap and buy yourself an infection.

6 Likes

125KHz I believe. But there are a couple protocols so I’d suggest talking to someone who has one first.

1 Like

I thought I might have the numbers wrong. But the 125 is the important part.

1 Like

Mine is:

Edit: which I have not gotten around to getting implanted.

3 Likes

Where would I get one?

1 Like

You should talk to the piercing parlor. They may require you to buy one and have it shipped to them. Or they may have them on hand (no pun intended)

5 Likes

Yes, they are picky about the packages being in good shape and sterile.

2 Likes

Went to go find the link and stumbled across an injectable LED???

2 Likes

how do I then add it to my account to use it at the space?

1 Like

Disable your badge then add new number.

1 Like

is it the ic number on the package?

1 Like

Best way… there is a computer in lobby with reader attached for new members. Hold injectable over that and it will read it.

2 Likes

okay makes sense thanks

1 Like

I believe they are programmable too (or you can get one that is), if you want to go down the RFID rabbit hole. I know more than one security consultant that uses them surreptitiously as part of their work. So, you could just program your existing number right in.

huh lol im not sure how I would go about doing that but thanks justin

I know there was RFID writer at one point, but not sure if it’s still available. The little white tags were RFID writable.

We used to have the program and gizmo to do this, but I haven’t seen it since we moved to the new Common Room. Alternatively, one could put in the new badge at one of the two “Jump Server” machines on the end of the big Table-o-Computers. Both of those have the reader (small black thing about the size of a credit card holder), so you don’t have to type in the number. It might be wise to make sure that there is a number in the chips. My last impression of the process implied that you had to program it. I may be confused by the number of folks that were reprograming theirs’ for various reasons.

yes I know where you are talking about all things ill have to look into I guess

1 Like

We do in fact have an RFID writer. If you need to use it, drop me a line and I’m happy to get you setup.

Thanks

Freddy

2 Likes