Key fob access help

Hey guys. I am a new member here as of yesterday and needed some help figuring out the key fob situation. I took the tour Saturday and my guide gave me a key fob out of the wooden box on my way out but didn’t explain anything about it. From doing a little poking around on here, I think I found the page where one would input that information, however it hasn’t been working for me. I put the number on the fob in the space, click the “Enable Badge” button and nothing happens. Well, something happens. The site clears the space where you input the number and nothing gets saved or enabled. What am I doing wrong?

Ah, you’ve found the beta software! Sorry for the confusion. The version you want is at https://accounts.dallasmakerspace.org/makermanager

Then just click “my badge” at the top, and should be a similar screen.

1 Like

Maker Manager 3 is the place to do this… I don’t think MM4 has the connections.

This should’t really require ‘poking around’ to figure out. The welcome email should have stated it fairly clearly, so I’ll go check that out. Likewise, the pulldown on the main site for Maker Manager

is linked correctly.

Post back to let us know if that helps!

No worries! I found that link in a different thread and had no idea there were different versions. I got a response this time, just not the one I was hoping for

[redacted]

You are correct, there was a link for the pdf in the welcome email. I hadn’t read it yet as my phone has been having issues with pdfs lately and I have to save a download twice for a program to open it and I had not taken the time to do that. As you can see from my last reply, following those instructions partially worked. I signed the waiver with the same email as I registered with but I’ll try doing it again to see if the Makerspace system makes the connection then. Also worth noting that I’m on mobile instead of laptop so my screen looks a little different. I appreciate the help!

Hitting all the issues today - one of our servers stopped responding. Please give it one more go?

1 Like

Still having the same issue. I’ll keep trying and checking throughout the day

1 Like

Looks like it’s working now. There was never an attempt where it worked, however when I went to try again just now, the badge number was active and it seems like everything is :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

One of the things we don’t warn folks about is that Makermanager is set to auto-enter. However, there’s a lag, so folks click enter before it gets around to it. And, since the auto-enter went through, you get an error to your enter click. Because that number is already loaded – to you.

1 Like

He actually had something up in the database that we were able to correct. Apologies, didn’t get back to send a note until now :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

Thanks to all who replied, offered help and solutions and worked on the back end to get this all figured out! It’s very much appreciated!