June CA MEETING

Hello all. It’s another month already! June’so meeting is scheduled for Friday the 16th at 7 pm.

Any topics of discussion you want to cover at this meeting, please give me a shout here so I know to include it in my notes.
I submitted the event today so it should appear in a couple days or so.

3 Likes

I’ve been exploring the idea of adding a compressed air line to CA. It would be used, behind a regulator, to provide a stream of air to the Shapeoko cutting area. If that was approved and funded ($50-$200 for parts) would anyone else have a use?

May be useful for cleaning out fluff from the sewing machines and sergers, and it would be useful if anyone ever uses the pressure pot

One thing I want to add to the agenda, is selling off the cricut that has no use. We have the vinyl cutter and I’ve got the silhouette cameo running, we don’t need the cricut.

I won’t be able to make the meeting (cub camp week)

1 Like

Put on selling off the wall mounted cutter as well and mounting the wall mounted matt cutter (after modifications) if you would like

There is an air line in the ceiling, CA originally had a line run to it, just never used.

2 Likes

In the purple classroom - when things were different. Now it’s a totally different dynamic. Just my .02

I’m told the airline that went to purple and electronic cross over CA, we can tap it that. Could be wrong. Some nimble light weight youthful member can use a ladder to check.

1 Like

I poked my head up there this weekend looking for it and spotted either an air line or a 230v 3phase run over CA. Regardless, I feel like an air line into CA would be feasible. I’m not sure if CA or Infrastructure would fund the parts and pieces we’d need.

2 Likes

There is an airline into electronics at one time, that’s correct isn’t @artg_dms Art? Is it a flexible line, one we could just move over to CA?

I’ll try to make the meeting too. I’d say make sure it has a regulator so we can tie the airbrushes into it.

We need to pick a night for the drawing and painting SIG. I’m failing miserably at finding the sweet spot all on my lonesome for attendance.

1 Like

If we do that, we’ll probably need to make sure it has a moisture trap as well. In fact a regulator with moisture trap would be a good idea anyways, for whatever purpose we use it for.

Then we run into the problem of “where do we place the outlet” :smiley:

Central column of central on a wall I should this think.

1 Like

There is an Air line that goes from woodshop to Electronics and then the purple classroom. I likely did not run it over the kitchen and ran it around due to the raised ceiling in the kitchen area. You will be able to see it if you peek above the ceiling in the woodshop closest to the kitchen area.

There is also a valve in the woodshop

2 Likes

It’s best it is placed somewhere that there will not be air lines going across the floor.

Also the traps are not super important we do a very good job of keeping dry air, though what I always did was use a valve on the bottom of the mount that can be used as a drain in the event water got into the line.

I won’t be able to make that date, but I’ll shoot you an update on Leatherworking to document and share.

3 Likes

Bumping this topic for any other updates, specifically if any SIG Leaders aren’t going to be at the meeting I would LOVE some updates, or if there are any purchases we need to consider, I need to know about them ASAP. Thanks y’all!

1 Like

Will get @mreynolds the Cosplay minutes today (next 12 hours). He can forward and post to Talk.

2 Likes

I have an outline for the 2D sig. I’m going to try to make it

Do we have a new meeting date for this?

I don’t have the time or energy to have a meeting before the board meets on Friday.