June 2017 Kiln News and other Fired Arts

Going forth now to unload the bisque kiln. I haven’t been back there, but a glaze kiln will quickly ensue. Get it glazed! I’ll be back there to help with glazing.

2 Likes

Loaded up a glaze kiln. I’m hoping to be able to unload it tomorrow night for the folks in the throwing class that I promised could pick up their stuff. Stuff might be able toward the end of the Tour Night stuff, although it’s likely to still be warm. I’ll try to remember to bring a potholder…

2 Likes

Glaze kiln is unloaded. Most all things got loaded, but there wasn’t enough room for the pendant rack and a tall vase by the time I got to the top.

1 Like

Just started the Next Bisque Kiln. Most things got loaded. There was a really tall hand that turned out too tall by the time I got to the “tall stuff” shelf. I’ll plan the “tall stuff” shelve lower next time. The folks from the last handbuilding class should be in by Thursday to glaze their stuff, and I’ll load a glaze kiln as soon as that is dry. I’m running a throwing class Sunday (and Monday and Tuesday), and if they’ve got nice stuff that’s dry, I’ll load the next bisque as soon as the glaze is out.

2 Likes

Bisque kiln is unloaded.

1 Like

Glaze kiln is running. Everything went in!

S/b out on Saturday. It might be really, really late Saturday, though. Like, really early Sunday maybe even.

Bisque will be loaded as soon as the glaze is unloaded. I’ve figured out how to get the hand in this time…

1 Like

Glaze kiln has been unloaded. I’ll load up bisque Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

Beth, when will the most recent bisque be ready? I’d like to come by Wednesday (6/28) to pick up what I can. Thanks.

It was at 178F earlier, so I’m expecting to unload tonight. Anything in particular you’re looking for?

I have 5 square slab trays, a small vase and 5 bowls(2 of which may be yet to damp to fire). Leaving town Thursday for 2 months and wanted to pick up whatever is out of bisque. Thank you!

I think I might have gotten a couple of the bowls in this kiln. Several pieces were too damp yesterday when I loaded. I’m planning to reload bisque as I take this one out. Might be out Wednesday afternoon.

Excellent, I’ll come by Wednesday. Thank you Beth.

1 bowl and 2 of the square trays. I’m loading another bisque now. Fingers crossed for Wednesday unload.

Not to be a bother, but could someone please fire my three little square tiles with the indentations? It’s
low-fire cone 04 white clay body. These are going to be molds for glass beads.

Thanks! Liz :slight_smile:

They still felt damp when I loaded the kiln.

2 Likes

Bring a hotpad :wink: . I just opened the lid and it was at about 330F.

1 Like

Dropped in for just a moment today. They are bone dry. Thank you in advance for taking
care of these for me. <3

Any hope of having these fired by Wednesday? Just checking. Liz

I’m running the glaze kiln tonight. There might be enough stuff for another bisque when that comes out, but it’ll be a push to have a bisque out by Wednesday… I think… We’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m very anxious to try the fused glass bead technique I saw online. If it works I’ll show you
the results. We’ll see. Have a happy 4th! :slight_smile:

1 Like