Jumping the gun: 100 or so blank cds and dvds headed to the Free Shelf

I don’t even know if these are useful as a medium any longer, but I picked up a stash as I was moving my mother today. She wanted to keep them. They found their way to my trunk.

If you’d rather they find a way to your hands before the free shelf, let me know.

1 Like

Wondering… Why does this need to be in the members only category? Free shelf is just that, free for all.

Well explain this one to me: does “members only” mean people with access to the back shelf with an issued RFID, or does “members only” mean voting members?

I’m not sure how someone would make it to the free shelf without building access, but I’m often wrong. So do tell.

The members only category as I understand it is meant for topics that are more sensitive that we don’t need the general public having access to, i.e. discussion of our lease, things that might get us in trouble with the landlord or city, etc. People cruising the forums who are seeing what DMS is all about don’t need to be shielded from talk of what’s on the freebie shelf. And there’s no requirement to be a member to take things off the shelf. We let folks in the door who aren’t members for classes. If someone’s taking a class back in the workshop and says “ooh cool book!” and takes it off the freebie shelf there’s no problem with that. Hope this discussion helps!

Okey dokey then. If you have final say, you move that post wherever you’d like, dear.

I don’t have final say, just trying to ask questions and provide helpful responses to yours.

Fuck it. Moved. Anyone with l3 can move stuff

8 Likes

Thanks for managing it. I was away from the computer.

I won’t make that mistake again. I can be taught.