Jump Server Logon Info

I followed the Jump Server logon instructions and for some reason it is still telling me I have the wrong password even though I have clearly put in the proper credentials. Any ideas?

1 Like

Make sure when you go through the billing system password process that you actually type in your password in the current & new password fields. It can be the same password, but you have to type it.

Then make sure you’re using the DMS domain when you try to log in.

Can we log into the Jump server from outside DMS? If so, how?

Just verified this, it’s the same as the old system. RDP to physical.dallasmakerspace.org:3389

Excellent. Have to remember to change the default “JUMP…” to “DMS…” and then it works just fine.

Is there an actual link to follow?

If you’re on Windows, just click start and type in “remote” and Remote Desktop Connection should pop up. Then punch in the info above. Your credentials are the same that you use for billing/wiki.

1 Like

I can’t find the Jump Server Logon Instructions that I saw a few yesterday or day before. The “Our JUMP Server is UP!” discussion link does nothing which is where I might have seen it. When the server went down so did my remote capability. I’m stuck, can’t do anything on the Wood CNC since I can’t access anything.

I appreciate if anyone has the pages and can send to me. Thanks

[email protected]

David,

I found the thread and sent it as a PDF - see if that helps.

JAG “Midnight Watch” MAN

1 Like

@Jagman: You are most EXCELLENT!

Thanks

1 Like

I am still having issues logging in, It says my credentials do not work. I followed Lisa’s instructions, and used the link noted above (physical.dallasmakerspace.org:3389) and I am still unable to log in, any clues as to why?

more info on what you DO get might help. (error messages, etc.)
There is more info here
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/JumpServerFAQ

and here
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/JumpServerLogin

as well as to whom to address questions who might be able to help if there’s an actual technical glitch.

I hope that’s helpful.

EDIT: obviously you CAN log in to Talk. What about other member services like billing, voting, etc?

Quick reminder that Talk doesn’t link with LDAP, AD, or any other DMS server.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m not entirely sure that this is a “reminder”, at least to me. Is this documented somewhere? I’m just not finding it. I was under the impression that talk was at least populated by the billing gateway, same as AD.

Oh well. It doesn’t REALLY matter. My point really was that the evidence that he could log in to talk was self-presenting, and trying the others might help shed light on where the breakdown is occurring…
i’m going to assume he got it figured out.

The Talk forum has nothing to do with the billing system. Someone who is not a DMS member can create a Talk account.

1 Like

Yes. I know. B u t as I recall, and I am sure I’m wrong, my talk account simply sprung into being. I don’t remember signing up separately. But then none of my account stuff worked as it was supposed to, and I tried many convulsions to get them to work, so I’m sure I’m just wrong about that detail. This does not negate my response to Brooks about it being documented, nor about it not being a reminder if I was not already aware (and apparently I was not), nor does the fact that they are not the same account remove the possibility that Talk accounts could be generated from the billing system similarly to the AD accounts. Never the less, I thank Brooks for correcting my erroneous memory, and suggest to avoid future confusion, this could be documented somewhere similarly to the existing docs about AD and WHMCS (or whatever it is).

And again my point was that the OP could log in to talk was self-evident, but maybe by checking on the others, more could be learned. Despite my being wrong (surely) about how the OP got a talk account, the point and purpose remain valid.

Hi All

I am having trouble accessing the jump server.

I am following the instructions provided to me.

1: I have updated my password under the billing site.
2: I am using “remote desktop connection” on my home computer
3: I have entered my username. I have used both my user name for this forum, as well as for the billing site.
4: I entered my password.
5: physical.dallasmakerspace.org.
6: Windows Security states that “my credentials did not work”. “the login failed”.

Please help! I would really like to complete the HAAS domino project so I can move onto other projects I need to get done!

You would do better to open a ticket in issues & requests with your incident so it can be worked as a unique situation.
I assume you’ve seen this:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/JumpServerFAQ
The username and password are for the dms domain, not related to this forum, but related to the billing site, yet separate.

Is your home computer Windows 10? Windows 7? Mac OS X 10.14?

Thanks for the response, Jast!

I am using Windows 7.

Also, why am I not seeing this thread come to the top of the forum?

Because it’s not in a category. Uncategorized threads do not pop up there.