July/August CA meeting

Uncle Sam is making coordinating my schedule with others at DMS difficult this summer. Because the next BOD meeting is set for Aug 25, the day after I am set to return from my annual training exercise, a Creative Arts meeting must take place prior to when I leave on August 12.

That said, @Team_Creative_Arts as well as @Webdevel @MrsMoose @talkers @Hardsuit (hopefully the correct paul!) Please weigh in, if you wish to attend this meeting. If you don’t want to or can’t, I totally understand, but please send me a PM with any pertinent information regarding your classes, your SIG’s needs, and/or wants. I want to try to accommodate, since the last meeting was a mighty flop, but my personal schedule has gone haywire also.

Your choices are:
Thur, July 27 evening
Sat, July 29 mid afternoon (probably later than 3 p.m. depending on my work schedule)
Sun, Aug 6 afternoon, also semi-dependent on my work schedule.

Feel free to weigh in if you aren’t tagged, but please understand that the SIG leaders are the ones I really need to hear from because they have the information I need to habe at the meeting.

1 Like

I can do July 27th, or Aug 6th.

1 Like

I can make Aug 6.

27th or the 6th both are free

Can do 27th

Can do 29th (have other plans but can change)

MAYBE 6th, BUT before 2pm or after 5:30 pm. I’m taking paid pottery class series back in fired arts from 2-5pm, so 5:30 onward on would be very doable (or end before 2pm)

27th i have rehearsal.
29th is Jake’s Birthday party.
6th is matinee show.

Darn it woman!

Your schedule sounds a lot like mine. :laughing:

1 Like

July dates are fine. August gets a bit sketchy unless it’s evenings. Back to the grind.

Speaking of BOD I need assistance on how one gets something up for vote

Back at ya buddy.

I’m going to leave it for another day or so to let others chime in.

UPDATE
AUGUST 6 at 6 pm.

Please send me a PM or email with anything that will need to be put to a vote. Any SIG leader unable to attend if you would please send me an update. Thanks all!

2 Likes

What about doing what machine shop does, 2 meetins on consectve days

I can’t do that. I have obligations outside of the space.

2 Likes

The Chair doesn’t always have to be there - at least that is how it works for Machine Shop. It works for us and I started doing that way because we are fortunate that many of the active members teach class in other committees beside Machine Shop. It works for us, but it may not be the model for other committees. We also vary the days between Tues-Wed and Wed-Thursday, because like yourself people have other commitments. Again, that works for Machine Shop, we really try and succeed more often than not to keep meeting to 60 minutes or less

CA has some SIG’s that also meet on a regular basis, which should feed into the committee meetings So it’s not like there aren’t other meeting going on in CA.

2 Likes