Josh Melnick Ebay Reseller Board Proposal

Many committees have tools and parts that they do not need

Science has two large robots that they do not want

3D fab has two Formlabs that are too expensive to frequently repair

I am sure there are examples in many committees such as Electronics

I propose we allow josh melnick to find several local ebay consignment resellers to list, sell and ship our items for us, giving them a percentage of the profits, allow for 2 months for their response of 5 ebay consignment sellers in Dallas area and report back to the board to choose one. I will not have any personal relationship with them in anyway whatsoever nor will I take any advantage from them financially or otherwise for this work no matter what reseller is chosen by the board.

4 Likes

24 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion About The Robot Arm

Josh,

A while back there was a company that did consignment ebay sales. I thought it went out of business. Do you know of a company that still does this? I’ve collected a ton of stuff over the years that I might consider ebaying if the price were right. What percentage do these places usually take for handling the sale?

1 Like

Nothing is stopping any committee from doing exactly this, as long as they provide the treasurer with the asset disposal information so it can be tracked: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Disposition_of_Assets

If you’d like to assist them in converting some unused assets to cash, I would say go for it.

3 Likes