[Resolved] Jointer Not Running Square

Running into an issue with the joiner. I was trying to run some 4x4 stock and the joiner is not running square. It’s putting an angle across the wood and also causing a taper from the front of the stock downwards to the back. See picture.

I made sure the fence is square but it’s still causing the issue. Is there something I’m missing or is the joiner having a problem right now?

I

1 Like

notifying team woodshop @Team_Woodshop
since I think that’s the right thing to do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you check to see if the gap across the cutting heads were square at 0 height position?

1 Like

I will look at it in the morning. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Is it working fine now?

1 Like

There are some irregularities due to the cutter heads needing replacement, but it seemed to be running square. Small sniping issue on the back end that still needs addressing. I will look into it as time allows.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you mean blades by cutting heads but there are some new ones in the filing cabinet by the door.

Yup. That’s what I meant. We have some replacements but not a full set. It’s time to change all of them this time. Partial blade replacement will only make things worse at this point.

1 Like

Ah ok, sorry just saw this dunno why I didn’t get a notification. You are talking about the ones in the filing cabinet by the sharpening supplies yeah? When the full set arrives @indytruks138 (I believe) and I are both interested in learning how to replace them