Jewelry/Small Metals orientation?

Hello all,

I followed instructions on the wiki and sent an email to Joseph over a week ago, no response (are those instructions obsolete?)

I have jewelry and lapidary training already from the gem and mineral club I was part of, I think I just need somebody to show me around and check me off for the equipment I want to use. Or do I need to continue waiting for a class to be posted?

I’ll be in the makerspace today 3d printing if anyone can come in and show me around I would appreciate it, thanks!

C.J.

@mrjimmy and some characters

2 Likes

Hi CJ, welcome! Thanks for reaching out. I don’t check my DMS email often but do see your message.

I will be there Wednesday and Saturday in the jewelry area if you would like to catch up then. James AKA @mrjimmy would be your go to guy for lapidary.

2 Likes

Thanks Joseph, nice to meet you! I’ll be at the space again on Saturday afternoon before 3:00 (welding class starts at 3), if you’re there at that time I’ll come say hello.

Welcome to DMs it’s great to have somebody else with Julie experience. I won’t be out there I’m out with some regularity. I came to teach forming and fold forming and forging classes and some wire and why work classes.

1 Like

Cairenn has macular degeneration, and she uses a voice-to-text program that has some serious issues with her accent. It usually takes some serious effort to decode one of her posts. You can ask questions about something that sounds interesting (if only you could figure out what it was), and the next take may be more readable.

1 Like

Thanks all! I mostly plan to use the space for lapidary and casting, I do some light silversmithing at home. I have some 3d models ready to print for lost wax casting (the print is the easy part), they will be christmas gifts so I’m not in a huge rush to do these but I’m looking forward to any casting events that will come up.

Otherwise I should be pretty self sufficient in lapidary and silversmithing once I get an orientation.