Jewelry making equipment auction

I don’t know if any of this would be useful, but it might be worth a look.

http://online.auctionnation.com/auction/6067

1 Like

I’m keeping an eye on that. Thanks for the link. It is in my little city, it is a storage facility.

I want that kiln to do small heat treat projects.

1 Like

Some of the hydralic press molds could be interestng

@nausser915
Annnnd some more blather…sigh.

1 Like

Too bad there isn’t a way to preview what you are bidding on until the day the auction closes. But the casting machines and the rubber vulcanizer would be great to have.

Some very interesting equipment here… that vulcanizer is huge, the hydraulic press is an antique and that Romanoff machine was a high dollar piece of equipment. All the nugget style metal mold rings scream 70’s and 80’s… lol!

1 Like

Is anyone from MakerSpace bidding on any of this? I’d hate to be bidding against anyone.

I kind of want the 80s metal ring models for teaching purposes, but I can’t get out there to pick them up when the auction closes so I’m not bidding.

I might kick myself for volunteering, but I have a trailer and can bring most of the stuff shown to DMS.

1 Like

Make sure the committee has space to store it before you bring it over.

Even if @MossAgate doesn’t intend to donate to DMS or if someone else buys something I still have a trailer and can deliver to DMS.

1 Like

I’d like to point out that the Paragon kiln is 120VAC and the item listed as a “pipe bending machine” looks like a rolling mill to me. Also the “Buzzer Casting Machine” I think is a gas pewter melting pot.

I thought the same thing about the pipe bending machine
looks like an electric powered rolling mill

Vulcanizer is coming to DMS tomorrow. Finally got access…and back to work unfortunately. I should have time after our class to cut the vinyl for it so it’s ready to use. The donated plates I’d honestly say we should consider upgrading

2 Likes

Just to bump this back to the top and keep it active…

I registered to be a bidder. Anyone that is also bidding please tell me and I will make sure I am not bidding against you. If you buy the Romanoff Rubber Casting machine you would probably also need to buy the stack of black rubber molds that seem to have 20 or more boxes of unused unvulcanized rubber disks and the big vulcanizer that can handle the disks.

The Unimat Mini-lathe would be pretty cool, too.

1 Like

Well there went the kiln I was hoping for. Lol. It’s at 100$ now.

I was looking this over again and am bidding on the Romanoff casting machine and the vulcanizer. If anyone needs a Foredom tool there is one sitting on top of the item labeled “Air pressure casting machine” item number 1006.