Jewelry Appraisal

Anyone have suggestions for local jewelry appraisal? I have a jade necklace (and a few other pieces) that were my grandmother’s I’m thinking about getting appraised. Haven’t ever taken anything to get appraised though so not sure what to look for or what is a reasonable cost to expect today pay for the service. Or if it’s even worth doing I suppose.

1 Like

You want a jewelry store with a bench jeweler on site, if possible. Not many around these days. Don’t know what the current rate is. If you have homeowners insurance, ask your agent for a recommendation.
Depends on what you have. If there is costume jewelry, most appraisers will not even look at it, but some is collectable. Sterling you may not get a good appraisal on in some places. If you would want to bring it to the space sometime when I am there, I can give you an idea of what should be appraised. PM me or email me at sroriginals at earthlink.net if interested.

1 Like

You might ask your insurance company if they have appraisers they prefer. Mainly, so if you increase you policy limits with a rider to cover their value, you’ll have an appraisal from a source they will honor.