Jetson - personal AV

$92,000 for a kit though definitely on the high end of things. So much cooler than a go-cart :wink:

2 Likes

sounds like something we should DIY at the space

@michaelb You want to help with the motor drivers?

I’ll do the welds as long as I’m not the first test pilot.

3 Likes

Ringing endorsement.

3 Likes

It should be noted that it is a swedish AC and might not yet be certified by the FAA. On top of that $92k price tag you will most likely require a pilots license, which is another chunk of change.

1 Like

Details, nothing but details… Bring it on!

2 Likes

Actually… it’s less than 1320lbs and flys under 120 knots, so it would fall under ultralight aircraft which requires no license or certificates to Pilot.

For a reference source that lists the specific regulation and links to it.

3 Likes

14 CFR Part 103 would like a word.

1 Like

Oooo, I want one real bad. Have to factor in the price of all the drugs I’ll need to buy to get under the pilot weight limit…

1 Like

I think you’re thinking of a light sport aircraft, which you still need a pilots license, just not a physical.

It is classified and being sold as an ultra-light aircraft.

3 Likes

From the Observer article:

Makes sense how it’s classed as an ultralight. Kind of surprised that the regs haven’t been updated to deal with battery-powered aircraft but I suppose the effective flight time remains sufficiently low that they’re not worried about endurance of electric aircraft.

1 Like

Sure! Now where’s the money…

You don’t understand, you get to fly! You’ll get so much exposure up there.

1 Like

I’ll volunteer to be test pilot. Wanted something like this since I was a kid.

DD

2 Likes

“Dear Jetson, Please send me one Jetson One aircraft so I can use it in my IG and TikTok where I have over 1 follower. The exposure you will get from my influence will more than cover the cost of the aircraft. Also it’s my kid’s birthday (and they have cancer) and I already promised them a ride.”

3 Likes